Present Full-time Openings
- Customer Service Representative - Tax and Tag Agency
- Clinical Support Staff
- Business Operations Assistant
- Fleet Assistant / Dispatcher
- Public Health Nurse
- Breastfeeding Peer Counselor
- Kitchen Coordinator - Senior Services
- Project, Services & Public Information Director
- Recreation & Parks Director
- Paramedic - (5 Openings)
- IMC II, Food & Nutrition
- Drug Free Community Program / Youth Coordinator
Present Part-time Openings
- Library Assistant - Part-time_As needed
- Recreation Assistant - Part-time_As needed
- Farm and Community Relations Assistant - Part-time Regular (28hrs. per wk.)
- Custodian - Part-time_As needed
Applications are currently being accepted on a continual basis for the following positions
- Part-time 911 Telecommunicator - E911 Communications Center (Part-time, as needed)
- Transit Drivers - Transportation Department (Part-time, as needed)
READY TO APPLY?
In order to be considered for an open position with our Local Government, applicants MUST complete and submit a County application. Additional application materials such as resume, profile, cover letter, credentials, etc. may be submitted with your application, however; will not be considered without a County application.
Polk County Local Government does not accept unsolicited applications.
Download a county application using the following link:
Polk County Employment Application
Please ensure your application is fully completed, signed and dated. E signature is acceptable.
If filled out by hand, please complete, sign and date using BLACK OR BLUE INK.
For employment consideration, submit completed applications to:
Human Resources Office
Polk County Local Government
PO BOX 308
Columbus, NC 28722
or email application to:
or fax application to:
Polk County Local Government is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Polk County recognizes that its continued success in meeting the needs of its citizens requires the full and active participation of talented and committed individuals, regardless of their gender, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender expression. It is the policy of the County to foster, maintain and promote equal employment opportunity by the use of a consistent recruitment program, and to identify and attract the most qualified applicants for employment with the County. This policy is to be achieved by announcing positions and vacancies, by evaluating all applicants using the same criteria, and by applying testing methods through the local job service office, or other agencies providing job information to the public.